Saturday 26 February 2011

Hello third trimester!!

On Wednesday we finally hit the third trimester, and I actually have a belly to show for it now!



Archie (our cat--living with us again, but primarily outdoors) now loves curling up on my belly. :) It's so sweet!



And Zoe has stayed quite active moving ALL over! She literally moves around to all areas she possibly can--from my baldder to my ribs, but nothing painful (thank goodness!). I love how big she's getting because I can feel all her moves. She moves more smoothly now, and I can feel her gliding along my belly. Of course, she still has jerky movements and sometimes feels like she's running and trying to charge out of the belly! The other night I had lots and lots of crushed red pepper on my pizza and she was going NUTS! It was crazy how much she was moving.

She's also developed quite a love for daddy. When he gets home in the evenings, she'll start kicking as soon as she hears his voice. And she loves kicking for him when he puts his hand on my belly; as soon as his hand is there she gives him kicks and love! Sometimes she just wants daddy time because I will keep my hand on the belly and talk to her or prod her to get her to move, and nothing! But as soon as daddy puts his hand there, she's all wiggles! And we'll try to trick her and switch our hands out, but when she wants daddy, she only moves for him!

And we may have actually landed on a middle name for her! Mike talked about Leigh, so one day we were just passing random names by her (calling them out to see which ones she would kick for--yeah, we use our baby to make decisions. Sometimes she decides dinner for us.), and Leigh always got a kick. Madison got a kick once, but it was not as consistent as Leigh. So we're looking at Zoe Leigh Jones! Sounds like an actress name, right? :)

Everything is going just as well medically. We're still on track as far as size (we didn't get another ultrasound, but he measured my belly), my blood work looks great, and I passed the diabetes test with flying colors! I keep growing every day, and when it grows quickly I feel the discomfort of my skin stretching and everything inside growing. But the discomfort is usually gone by the morning.

I finally got to see her in my dream, and she was so gorgeous! She looked like a little model baby!

And still the countdown continues...we started buying the necessities for her, and it can get quite overwhelming at times. We aren't always sure about what we need or how to get everything, so one step at a time I suppose!

But my friend Vanessa had her baby Annaliese early this morning so congrats to her!! We're looking forward to getting to visit with them later today!

2 comments:

  1. Awwh!! So good to hear all of that!! And you have a beautiful belly to show finally:) I think the name is perfect!!! Can't wait to have another neice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah and sorry for the odd google acound name... we had to make an account with google for calculus to post a special activity and it was aroun halloween and my teacher had us make a halloween name and I guess when i joined this, it used that account :P

    ReplyDelete